Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

14. If you won the lottery

If I won the lottery. This feels like a topic for a 10th grade English class essay. I hated writing essays.

Hasn't everyone dreamed about this? To have unlimited funds without the hard work to go with it. To spend your days free of worry, other than what you should spend your money on next.

I used to think I would buy several homes, all complete with maids and personal chefs and gardeners and butlers and nannies for the children. The mansions, the cars, the extravagant trips and purchases. Designer clothes and $3000 purses.

But as I get older I realize how little of the materialistic items I really need to be happy. Oh yeah, it all sounds wonderful, but I'm just as happy in our 1200 sqft house and two little girls. My only wish is to not have to worry about income. Sure we might still work if we won the lottery, but it would be carefree work. There would be no concern about whether we can buy this or fix that this week or next month. Just an easier life in general.

I wouldn't go crazy. We wouldn't take extravagant trips. We would just live comfortably. Heck, I get too much of a rush out of finding good deals anyway.

Of course to WIN the lottery, you must play. And I'm both to cheap and not one for losing money to play. So this dreaming is of course all for naught.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.