Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4. What are you afraid of?

1. Cockroaches. Ok I'm not afraid of them, really, I just think they are one of the most disgusting bugs. Ever. I will hunt one down like a crazy Yosemite Sam huntin' Bugs Bunny fool. I WILL be sure it's dead. Then I will make the husband pick it up and dispose of it. *shudders* So I don't know if it's really a fear, or just pure hatred.

2. All the normal stuff: not growing old, not seeing my children grow up.

3. Getting my teeth knocked out. Seriously that's something that terrifies me. And since over the past two months Genna seems hell-bent on head-butting me directly in the mouth whenever she gets mad, I've had a rough go of it lately. Too many teeth falling out dreams too. Gah!

4. Water. I love the beach. I enjoy swimming pools. But I really cannot swim. Even after taking swim lessons at 22 years old, I'm not at all comfortable with it. I stay in the shallow end always, and you'll never find me actually floating out in the ocean. Feet gotta touch the ground. When we wet to Hawaii in 2006, it took me almost an hour to get comfortable enough just to float around so I could snorkel (you're not supposed to let your feet touch the coral. Feet not touching??!!! Holy crap I had a nervous breakdown right there in the ocean.)

5. My parents dying. I am NOT ready for that. I am normally ok with death, it is what it is, it's part of life, but I cannot think about them dying. Obviously this goes for my husband and children as well, but I have this weird deeper fear involving them. And I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.