Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Painting with Water

The other day, I took the girls to Toys R Us. We were on the hunt for gifts for my nephews. Plus it was a hot day, and spending an hour and a half letting the girls run free playing with toys was a good way to spend the afternoon. Thank you TRU for the free entertainment.

I found these little paint with water books in the Melissa & Doug aisle. I had seen something online about letting toddlers paint using q-tips and figured these would work well. And they totally do.

Gabby picked up how to use it right away. I personally love how little mess there was.

Dip the q-tip in a lil water, swirl on the little paint pad, and bam: perfect amount of watercolor paint.

The books did come with a paintbrush, but the q-tips held the paint better and provided much less mess. Yay!

If you're looking for a paint with water book, I highly recommend these. We've used the old school paint with water books before and they really weren't worth it. Once we make our way through these, I'll be getting another set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.