Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Missing Elf!

First, let's ignore my lack of posting the last few months.  Moving on!

Ya'll - it's November 30th, and I can't find our elf.  Our ELF.  You know, our version of the Elf on the Shelf tradition.  It's 7:00pm and despite my threats over the last couple of weeks about our elf showing up on December 1st, I've got nothing.

Last year, I shopped early, I found a girl fairy doll on clearance at Target.  I sewed her a jacket and leg warmers and even a HAT, and voila - we had our own unique elf.  We named her Ella.



I was a lazy Elf mom, I'll admit.  She did a few things, she hid sometimes, but mostly she just moved around and sat serenely in different places around the living room.

I really wanted to get into it this year.  I really did.  I actually have marshmallows on hand this year.  I have books she can present to them as gifts.  I have IDEAS this year.

I'm seriously contemplating heading out to Target or (omg am I crazy?) Walmart (**shudder**) and buying a blasted real Elf.  Ugh.  Then I'll have to come up with some reason why she looks different this year.

Cross your fingers, ya'll, that Ella is just hiding on ME this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.