Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3rd

In an attempt to blog more...

I took the girls to see a movie today. We did this over the summer and it was a fantastic success. All of my well intentioned plans in my head of keeping us active over Gabby's two week winter break have fallen to the wayside. Between bad weather, or my own obligations, or any of us being sick - we've done very little. I have, however enjoyed the fact that I have not put gas in my car for two weeks. 

Win. 

But last night I promised Gabby we would do something, anything, today. Not that the coolness of the Christmas toys has worn off yet, but they needed to be OUT.  I didn't realize it was going to be 34 degrees when I woke up this morning. Ugh. 


So we saw Frozen. Easily the best movie I've seen in a long time. But I like musicals. And Disney.  I told Jimmy it was better than any of the live action films I've seen in a while. I keep humming the songs and I want to get the girls Anna and Elsa dolls. 

Back to the kids - they enjoyed it. They actually watched the movie. We then escaped the warmth of the theater and went to the park. In the freezing cold. 

Ok it was like 45 degrees. But good lord, we were all frozen. 

Ha. 


We fed the ducks. I panicked when Genna went too close to the edge of the pond. We swung, and went down slides. We came home and drank hot chocolate.

Dinner was mostly done when we got home (sometimes I embrace the crockpot). It was an easy evening tonight. No rushing, no begging or pleading. Gabby asked to go to bed. That never happens. Never. 

After story time and our bedtime chat, they both easily fell asleep. I feel like a good mom tonight. 

I know everyone has those days - where you feel like an utter failure. But I am just happy to say that today - it was easy. It's a re-energizing feeling. 

I can handle tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.